Distracted Driving Facts | No Texting While on the Road
Distracted Driving Facts
- Nearly half of all high school students 16 and older text and email while driving.
- Nearly one fourth of teen drivers say they answer at least one text message very time they drive.
- 11 teen drivers die every day while texting and driving.
- 11% of drivers under 20 involved in fatal accidents were reported to be distracted.
- Teens are four times more likely to get into a distracted driving accident than their parents.
- One in five injury accidents involve distracted driving.
- 80% of all crashes involve some form of distracted driving.
- Vehicle crashes make up one third of all deaths for 15 to 20 year olds.
- Teen texting and driving makes them 23 times more likely to crash.
- Talking on a cell phone while driving gives a teenager the reaction time equivalent to a 70 year old.
RoadReady Family’s Advantage:
- Launches whenever the vehicle is moving.
- Automatically sends incoming calls to voice mail.
- Sends custom auto-reply to all incoming texts.
- Holds all texts until vehicle stops.
- Sends real time alerts to parents when the device is over ridden.
- Allows 911 and other designated emergency calls.
- Web based dashboard with full reporting available.
- Allows driver to be located at the push of a button.
- Parents can set speed limit alerts.
- Puts an end to distracted driving for good!