Eliminate Device Use While Driving
How to Prevent Teens Texting While Driving
A parent’s job is never done. We help them grow into confident, capable, well-rounded adults but as much as we want to micro-manage and protect them; the reality is at some point they grow up and our control dwindles. Your once little baby now is all grown up. Once teens start driving you have another world of worries but you can’t be in the car with them at all times to make sure they stay focused on driving and are safe.
Cell phones and other electronic devices add another level to distracted driving that can potentially become fatal. The addiction to technology and need to stay social at all times combined with new teenage drivers’ equals a recipe for distraction. The statistics can be shocking:
- Half of 16 years of age and older high school students, text and email while driving
- One fourth of teen drivers answer at least one text while driving
- 11 teen drivers die every year because of texting and driving
- 11% of drivers under the age of 20 that were involved in fatal accidents were reported as being distracted
- Teens are four times more likely to get into a distracted driving accident than their parents
- 1 in 5 injury accidents involve distracted driving
- 80% of ALL crashes involve some form of distracted driving
- Teen texting and driving makes them 23 times more likely to crash
- A teen talking on a cell phone while behind the wheel gives them the reaction time equivalent to a 70-year-old
- In most states it is illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving with up to $500 in fines and 5 points on your license
Our RoadReady Family device gives you, the parent, peace-of-mind and a little bit more control to help keep your teen safe while behind the wheel. Our system is simple and less than $1 a day! RoadReady Family is a plug in device that combines with our app to allow you to block and monitor your teenager’s phone within 10 minutes. The second your teenager accelerates on that gas pedal our RoadReady Family system is working. Incoming calls are automatically sent to voice mail. A custom auto-reply text is sent to every incoming text and all texts are held until the vehicle stops. A real time alert is sent to you if the device is over ridden, at the push of a button you can locate your teenage driver, and you can set speed limit alerts. Should there be an emergency, your teenage driver can utilize their phone for emergency calling at any time. Our web based dashboard offers full reporting for you to be in the know!
Our system puts control back into your hands and an end to distracted driving! Contact us to learn more about our RoadReady Family device and app. We want to ensure your teens are safe on the road and stop texting and driving!